11/08/2016

DEAD IN THE WATER



AS I HAVEN'T HAD A LOT TO DO over the last few days, I have been watching the so-called Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro on television. I predicted some time ago (see Sunday Mornings passim) that this would be an utter and total disaster.

BUT I HAD NO IDEA how bad it could be. If anyone watches the coverage on a terrestrial channel they will only receive what is being filmed by the Brazilian people responsible.

ALL OF THE CAMERA ANGLES are wrong, the close-ups are too close, the voice-overs and voice-offs are an impenetrable wall of sound, something like what ended up getting Phil Spector into prison for the rest of his life.

AS ROWING AND SWIMMING are a little boring to watch, I occasionally take my mind off the subject and busy myself doing something else. But when a rowing team loses a race because a tiny crab hits an oar, slowing them down, I feel I am watching a comedy. To put the final punchline in all of this, the Croatian rowing pair who have just become "Olympic Champions" are named Sinkovic.

(My photo shows one of the several thousand military policemen needed to protect the rowing pool)

No comments:

Post a Comment