20/12/2012

SO THIS IS CHRISTMAS


FOR THE MANY PEOPLE who accept the Mayan calendar prediction about the end of life on this planet, tomorrow is basically the end of life on Earth. Of course, as I write this, at 11.38 pm GMT, I imagine that the world must have ended somewhere on the other side of the globe.

 A CLEVER PERSON MIGHT THINK that the world could end in ripples, although, having looked at our planet on a big book of stuff about the universe, I think that such an event is impossible. We all end or stay in one go, it seems. But the clever chaps might have some sort of explanation for this. I do sort of get the impression that these people who come up with these ideas do not have the same outlook on life as I do: apart from the things I have to do in my professional life, I want nothing more than to spend all my time in the company of my beautiful, loving, adorable, elegant wife, and my world will end when she does or when she is no longer part of my world. I am not sure that the Mayan calendar had taken this into their calculations.
 
BUT THEY MUST HAVE understood that love and desire and compassion and hope and the will to cherish was not something you could put down into fractions. Because it isn't.
 
SO IF THIS WORLD ENDS, then that is what it is. If not, I wish you all the best of the best for this Christmas and Holiday season. And everything you wish for in the coming year. You may not think so, but, believe me, you deserve it.

 AND I MEAN THAT from the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment